Fee online information event: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/covid-19-vaccines-information-and-accessibility-tickets-138770808223
This event is an opportunity for you to find out more about COVID19 vaccines and allow you to make an informed choice.
With three COVID-19 vaccines approved and more trials taking place, Dr Rajeka Lazarus, Consultant in Infectious Diseases at University Hospital Bristol & Weston, and our expert panel, will be available to discuss how vaccines work and help answer many of our concerns and questions around getting access to the vaccine.
Some common questions which will be addressed will be:
• How did the vaccine get approved so quickly?
• Is the vaccine safe? What ingredients does it contain?
• What are the side effects of the vaccine?
• Will the vaccine give me COVID-19?
• Will the vaccine be effective against all the new strains of the virus?
• I’m fit and healthy, why should I have the vaccine?
• Where will I receive the vaccine? How do the vaccine centres operate? How will I get there?
The event, run by Bristol, North Somerset South Gloucestershire Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) and Healthwatch Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire will feature updates from keynote speakers and a panel discussion to address some of the questions above and more.